Date: 09/07/2022 Time: 7:00 PM
Fynes Hall, Kulas Musical Arts Building
96 Front St
Dr. Laurie McManus of Shenandoah University will discuss Brahms’ famous setting of the mass for the dead. The Riemenschneider Bach Institute’s rare score of the “Requiem,” with conducting markings in Brahms’ hand, will also be on display.
About “The Hereafter” Ritter Library Series
This year’s Ritter Library series explores the questions:
- What lies beyond life’s pages?
- Is there another chapter beyond death?
- How do different belief systems around the world define the afterlife?
- Can your consciousness continue on through technological advancements?
- What holidays, festivities and traditions do we associate with death?
Join both the living and the dead for an exhibit, lectures, presentations, ghost tours, films and a séance this fall as we explore … The Hereafter.