Explore the categories below to learn more about opportunities on and off campus.
GIGS & JOB POSTINGS
Messiah Lutheran Church in Fairview Park has a Director of Music/Organist position. Messiah Lutheran Church is a large, vibrant congregation in suburban Cleveland, OH, with a PK-8 school, seeking a Spirit-filled, energetic and trained musician with experience in leading Lutheran liturgical worship on the church’s 41-rank Schlicker organ.
- Use your talent, energy and passion to glorify God and proclaim the Gospel of Christ through music.
- Plan worship (using Sundays and Seasons), collaborating with the Pastors, choosing liturgical settings and hymns
- Schedule and direct Adult Choir rehearsals and instrumentalists, using the gifts and talents of the congregation and outside musicians
- Provide musical leadership at all services, including two Sunday services (and a possible Saturday service), midweek Advent and Lenten services, Holy Week liturgies, Christmas Eve and Day, Ascension Day, Thanksgiving.
- Right of first refusal for weddings and funerals
- Oversee the maintenance and tuning of the organ, pianos, handbells
- Observe all copyright law relevant to music and live-streaming, and record same
- Explore ways to use music as a means of outreach in the congregations and wider Community
- Hours, salary, vacation and other benefits to be considered based on experience
Blessed Trinity Catholic Church, a progressive, multicultural, vibrant and diverse Catholic Christian Community on Cleveland's west side seeks a part time or full time pastoral musician to accompany and lead congregational singing for weekend Masses. Piano skills mandatory and preferred.
Part time duties include:
- Provide musical accompaniment for all regularly scheduled weekend Masses, Saturday at 4pm and Sunday at 9am and 11am.
- Maintain a balanced repertoire of diverse assembly music including traditional, ethnic and contemporary music
- Prepare and rehearse the congregation for full, active and conscious participation in the liturgy
- Has first right of refusal for parish weddings and funerals
- Part time salary is $400 per weekend.
Full time duties include the above plus:
- Prepares cantors to lead the congregation in singing.
- Provide music for Holy Week
- Provide music for Holy Days if available.
- Train and provide cantor support for weekend/Holy Week/Holy Day liturgies
- Is responsible for rehearsing bell choir
- Is responsible for preparing adult choir for liturgies
- Stay updated with the directives and guidelines set forth by the Catholic church’s liturgical documents.
- Invite people to join the choirs, musicians and cantors
- Evaluate music ministry program as a whole
- Collaborates with the pastor and parish staff
- Ensure that the psalm is on the bulletin cover each week
- Prepare and rehearse all choirs and soloists for the annual holiday concert.
Some background in an understanding of Catholic liturgy is preferred but not required. Full time salary is based on experience and education level. Send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Church of the Epiphany in Euclid, an Episcopal congregation, is looking for an Organist/Choir Director. We use a blend of classical and other traditional music along with the organ and piano for services. Proficiency in both organ and piano is desired and the ability to lead a choir of adults of all musical abilities, as well as occasional instrumentalists during services is required. Some of the responsibilities include: one Sunday service per week at 10 am, special services seasonally, one weeknight choir rehearsal, the music director may receive an honorarium for funerals and weddings. The anticipated salary range is from $11,000-$12,000 annually. Four weeks’ vacation per year is included, not to be taken during High Holy days. This position is not eligible for pension or other benefits. Apply by email to the Rector at email@example.com by October 31, 2023. Include resume, references (to be contacted by agreement after an interview), and sample tracks if desired. MORE INFORMATION
Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, North Little Rock, AR, is seeking a talented and dedicated full time Music Director to join our parish community. The Music Director will provide organ and piano music and musical leadership for regular weekend Parish services, Holy Day Masses and special events as requested by the Pastor. Position recruits, trains, schedules, and rehearses all choirs, ensembles, cantors, and parish musicians and participates in planning religious services in conjunction with the pastor and church staff. Salary commensurate with education and experience. Please submit your resume and cover letter to Carmen Sellinger at firstname.lastname@example.org. MORE INFORMATION
JAFSP Music Therapy Field Service Abroad is accepting applications for the Summer 2024 field service trips to Jamaica. There will be two music therapy service trips in 2024: May 30 to June 9, and June 13 to 23. Music therapy clinical services in the care centers and special needs schools across the island, including the parish infirmaries, rehab centers, and Schools of Hope, under the supervision of board certified music therapists and professors. This service learning course for music majors is accredited by the State University of New York at Potsdam, and is open to qualifying music students. Students may arrange for academic credits, observation or fieldwork hours. MORE INFORMATION
Solon Center for the Arts is accepting applications for a part-time music instructor to fill the position of private music lessons teacher for currently enrolled music classes. Approximately 15+ hours per week depending on enrollment. MORE INFORMATION
Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church is offering a position as either a part-time or full-time church organist, effective immediately. If interested, please email a resume to Ron Albert at email@example.com . Job description and responsibilities, compensation and other terms of employment are available upon request. If you have any questions regarding this position please contact either of the following persons:
Ron Albert (Music Director) @ 419-357-6305 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jon Carver (Worship Committee Chair ) @ 419-296-4007 or email@example.com
Olmsted Community Church in Olmsted Falls is looking for a soprano or alto, a bass, and a tenor to hire to sing with our chancel choir for the school year. Rehearsals are Thursday evenings at 7pm and Sunday service is at 10am with a 9:15 call time. You are not required to be present on any university breaks or holidays (this includes Christmas and Easter) and we are located only 10 minutes from campus! Please email Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org.MORE INFORMATION
St. Paul Lutheran Church in Amherst, Ohio is seeking an individual to serve as church organist and/or pianist. This is a part-time position and is flexible so that it may coincide with a student’s academic calendar.
Seeking an Organist / Pianist who will serve the congregation’s traditional / liturgical worship service which is Sunday mornings at 8:30am. The Organist may serve the congregation in additional worship services as his/her schedule permits. Additional worship services are funerals and mid-week services (Advent & Lent). Rate of pay begins at $150. per worship service.Additional income is also available to those who wish to serve as part-time Music Director. The Music Director position entails directing a handbell choir, scheduling, rehearsing and directing vocal and instrumental ensembles for worship services, and some administrative tasks. Rate of pay is $25. per hour.
Contact by email or phone: Pastor Paul Werner, St. Paul Lutheran Church, 115 Central Drive, Amherst, Ohio 44001. Email: email@example.com or call (440)988-4157. MORE INFORMATION
Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Church in Wickliffe, Ohio is looking to hire a String Quartet for two Christmas Eve services at 4 and 10pm. There would be one rehearsal at a mutually arranged time. Also needed is an organist for the 10pm service. Contact David Krizan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 216.375.6136.
SCHOLARSHIP & COMPETITIONS
Tuesday Musical's 2024 Annual Scholarship Competition is Sat, March 23 — with $40,050 available for Ohio undergraduate & graduate music majors! Applications accepted online HERE from Mon, Jan 1-Thurs, Feb 1, 2024. CLICK HERE for details: eligibility criteria, repertoire, more. Questions, email email@example.com.
The National Music Festival has full-scholarship apprenticeships available for all orchestral instruments, collaborative piano, guitar, conducting, music library, recording engineering, and arts administration! The Festival takes place June 2-15, 2024 (apprentices must arrive no later than noon on June 1) in beautiful historic Chestertown, Maryland. Housing is provided.
Apprentices will play in both chamber music and orchestra and work with mentors in rehearsals, coachings, lessons, and performances. All apprentices attend on full scholarship and have their housing provided!
The Festival presents over 35 concerts and 200 open rehearsals in 14 days; the intense learning environment provides for musical growth and lots of performance opportunities in a highly supportive community. To apply: